Tabbouleh with Oatmeal
Serving size1 Serving
Total Fat (g16
Saturated Fat (g)2
- 1 1/2 cups McCann’s® Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 cups diced, peeled tomatoes, well drained
- 1 cup diced kirby cucumbers
- 1/2 cup diced scallions
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Place oats in a heat-proof container. Cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for about 20 minutes until tender but not gummy. Drain off excess liquid.
- When well drained, combine with tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, mint and parsley. When well combined, stir in olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve as a side dish with romaine leaves or Middle Eastern bread.