Serving size1 Slice
Total Fat (g)26
Saturated Fat (g)11
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup McCann’s® Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Pour boiling water over oatmeal and stir. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Next, add butter and mix until melted.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the cake and stir until well blended.
- Pour into a well greased 9" x 9" baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place all the topping ingredients in a small saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- When cake is baked, remove from oven and pour topping over hot cake.
- Allow to cool before serving.