Irish Oatmeal Breakfast Cake
Serving size1 Slice
Total Fat (g)13
Saturated Fat (g)8
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup McCann's® Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a 9" round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and baking powder. When well blended, alternately stir into the creamed mixture along with the milk. Scrape into prepared cake pan, smoothing top with a spatula.
- Place oatmeal, brown sugar and remaining butter, flour and cinnamon into a small mixing bowl. Using your finger tips, blend together to make coarse crumbs. Place on top of the batter and gently push down into it.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean and topping is lightly brown and crisp. Remove from oven & place on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before cutting.