Serving size1 serving
Total Fat (g)2
Saturated Fat (g)0.5
- 1 cup canned tuna or salmon (drained)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup cold mashed potato
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- seasoning to taste
- Coating: 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Coating: 1 egg
- Coating: 1 cup McCann’s® Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal
- Place fish in a bowl and flake with a fork. Add the chopped onion, potato, parsley, egg yolk and seasoning and combine well together.
- Form into 6 round cakes and leave to chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Dust each cake with the flour. Beat the egg and dip the cakes in this, then roll in the oatflakes. Chill again.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan and cook the fish cakes for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.